Health at work
Tips for staying healthy at your desk:
Workstation set-up: set up safely
- The chair back is adjusted to support the lumber region (i.e. the lower back).
- The top of the legs should be resting lightly on the chair.
- The knees should be bent.
- The keyboard height: should be such that the arms are straight out in front with hands in line with arms.
- The keyboard should be such at least 100 mm from the front edge of the desk.
- Screen height and distance such that head and neck are comfortable.
- The head is slightly tilted forward - the top of the screen should be just below eye level.
- A document holder is a good idea to raise the documents to the same height as the screen.
- A footrest could be useful for support if your feet are not flat on the floor.
- Use headphones, do not cradle phone between head and shoulders.